Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring in the city

After a long hiatus, I have taken my first trip back into New York City on  a beautiful spring day!  It was a short trip, but wonderful none the less.  I had lunch with my nephew at Dos Caminos.  A wonderful Mexican restaurant.  He, his mom and I all got quesadillas, but very different ones,  I had a grilled shrimp which was to die for! It was a  crispy flour tortilla, chile-marinated shrimp, mexican cheeses, smoked wild mushrooms and oven-dried tomatoes.  My nephew had the La Cubana quesdallia with herb roasted pork, smoked ham, chihuahua cheese,  and pickled peppers, while my friend had the chicken quesadilla with chipotle barbeque sauce, chihuahua cheese, crema, and pico de gallo.  There was no drinking on this trip bu with 100 tequilas and unique margaritas like prickly pear, I anxiously await a return trip to try them.  The atmosphere was relaxing and mexican themed, service perfect for a business lunch and the crowd and employees pleasant.


We then took advantage of the spring like weather and strolled through Central Park.  The realization of the size of the park has slowly been sinking in.  As many times as I have been in the park, I have yet to begin to discover the wonder and beauty of it.  I have a goal of seeing as much of it as I can this spring.  I actually as embarrassed to say that this trip was the first time I saw the legendary imagine stone in the park.  It was being tended to by a gentleman who was placing roses and keeping debris off it.  The was a silence that fell over that area of the park.  I was honored to have seen it and excited for the other beautiful spots yet to be discovered.

No comments: