Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Derailed once again

Determination should count for something.  My mind seems to wander with ways to get to New York.  A little herniated disc should not stop someone from their divine quest for metro satisfaction.  My heart belongs to New York, but my body has different plans.  Oh sure, after a trip to the doctors an MRI and a steroid pack, I feel a bit better, but time is now the robber of my escape from the daily routine.  I must prepare for an adventure that is bittersweet.  I will be exploring a place I have never been to before, Aspen, Colorado with my family and a few friends.  Sounds wonderful,  exciting.  Aspen in the winter!  A skiers (or snowboarders) dream.  I, however will not be participating in any of these sports, I have been advised to "take it very easy".  My two sons however, will be snowboarding, watching sports, photographing and videotaping all the action, and hopefully having an experience of a lifetime.  I am thankful that  our relationship has reached the level of both parent/child and friends, it makes life so much more pleasant.  I will enjoy their company,  investigate the area and search out the quaint shops and wonderful restaurants,  armed with my camera in a feeble attempt to capture the beauty of the land and festivities around me.  I am regretful that I have once again missed my weekly New York pilgrimage.  I am forever grateful for the opportunity that has presented itself to me and vow to make it the best trip I can.  After all, New York will always be there with all its sparkle; but Aspen, with my family, that may be once in a lifetime and I am not about to pass on an opportunity to create new memories that will carry us into the future and keep us warm on a  cold winter night.  Aspen has its work cut out for it, but no matter the outcome, the challenge will be fun.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

hope you're enjoying Colorado...it's gorgeous!